Tuesday, March 28, 2006

First they say they want you, oh how they really need you, suddenly you find you're out there, walkin' in a storm...we all know the song...

For those of you that know me, you all know that I pull a lot of inspiration out of classic movies and music. In fact, my blog post titles are either song or movie lyrics. Can you name them all...it's a contest. But anyways, I was thinking today about how life can get you down and make you feel bad and whatever. Then, I found the inspiration we all need. You'll love it:

Dirk Diggler in Boogie Nights "You've Got The Touch" (Selected Lyrics)

You've got the touch, you've got the power. (Awesome Guitar Riff :-)
After all is said and done, you never walk, you never run
You're a winner!
You've got the moves, you know the street
You break the rules, you take the heat
You're nobody's fool!
You're at your best when the going get rough
You've been put to the test but it's never enough.

Wow, maybe I really do have the touch.

So for those of you keeping score at home. I've been looking for a job for quite some time now. Here's a brief summary of my progress so far.

Resumes sent in the past 3 weeks (E-mail, Fax, or Mail).............89 (this does not include the accidental forward of my Dad's forward letter to that one Human Resources lady. And judging by the content in the forward I sent, I won't be hearing from her anytime soon anyway)P.S. No, I am not dumb enough to use my company's fax machine, I highly recommend www.efax.com

Calls received in the past 3 weeks from prospective employers.....0 (That's right, Zero!)

E-Mails received from interested prospective employers.............4

Number of aforementioned e-mails inquiring when I will be relocating to their area......4

Number of sips left in bottle of Rum in Kitchen Cabinet.............3

Number of Bullets left in my .357 Magnum..........................6, but stay tuned.

Well, that's it for now...until next time, Good Night, and Good Luck (decent movie)

Ben

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home